When Is It?
Mountain Mandate is September 22-24, 2017
What Is It?
Mountain Mandate is a three-day wilderness backpacking experience in the backcountry of South West Arkansas.
What to Expect
Mountain Mandate is a short backcountry experience. We will spend two-nights and three-days in the backcountry of South West Arkansas. Everything you need for the weekend will be carried on your back. We will camp alongside pristine rivers, Summit a small mountain, and learn what it means to be alone with God in a quite place.
Who Can Go?
Summit is open to boys (and their dads) entering 7th grade through 12th grade. Space is limited so sign up early.
How Much Does It Cost?
The registration fee for Mountain Mandate is $45. Sign up online here: https://glenwood.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=181 See Steven for more details.
Things you will need:
- 2 T-shirts (preferably polyester or 50/50 blend)
- 1 pair of polyester shorts
- 1 pair of polyester pants/wind pants
- 2 pair of heavy weight wool blend socks (for hiking)
- Underwear (as many as you need)
- Hiking boots with ankle protection and aggressive tread (waterproof preferred, we will be crossing multiple water crossings) (make sure to break these in well before beginning the trip)
- Pair of sandals (for water crossings)
- Rain gear or poncho with hood (if you buy the emergency ponchos get two. They tear easily.)
- Warm fleece or sweatshirt
- 2 one liter plastic water bottles (or 2 liter camel back)
- 1 roll of toilet paper
- 3 days worth of breakfast bars (or whatever you would prefer for breakfast).
- Any snacks you might want.
- 2 or more large heavy duty trash bags (preferably 55 gallon – used to cover pack to keep it dry
- Small Bible (Old and New Testament)
Other Important Items:
- Hand towel and wash cloth
- Lip balm with sunblock
- Sunscreen with a high block rating
- Small flashlight with extra batteries
- Insect repellent
- Personal medicines (place in a zip lock bag by themselves)
- Ziplock bags (to sort and carry the above personal gear)
- Pen or pencil