When Is It?
Summit is July 24 – 31, 2019
What Is It?
Summit is a five-day wilderness backpacking experience in the mountains of Colorado.
What to Expect
Summit is a true backcountry experience. We will spend four-nights and five-days in the backcountry of Southern Colorado. Everything you need for the week will be carried on your back. We will camp alongside pristine alpine lakes, summit a 13,000-foot mountain, and learn what it means to be alone with God in a quite place.
Who Can Go?
Summit is open to teens (and their parents) entering 9th grade through those who have recently graduated 12th grade. Space is limited so sign up early.
How Much Does It Cost?
The registration fee for Summit is $225.00. This includes an unforgettable week camping in the mountains, all meals, a T-shirt, transportation, and gear rental. There is a $100 non-refundable deposit required at the time of application. This is part of your registration fee. Deadline to sign up is June 23rd. Sign up here: https://glenwood.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/241/responses/new See Steven for more details.
Two Mandatory Meetings Sunday June 30th at Lunch and Sunday July 21 at Lunch.
Things you will need:
- 2 T-shirts (preferably polyester or 50/50 blend)
- 1 pair of polyester shorts
- 1 pair of polyester pants/wind pants
- 2 pair of heavy weight wool blend socks (for hiking)
- Underwear (as many as you need)
- Hiking boots with ankle protection and aggressive tread (waterproof preferred) (make sure
- to break these in well before beginning the trip)
- A second pair of shoes (preferably running shoes) to wear around camp or in case the
- others are wet
- Warm jacket or parka with a hood
- Rain gear or QUALITY poncho with hood (Do not get the emergency ponchos because
- these tear and ruin too easily. Bring a good poncho.)
- 1 pair of thermal underwear (both top and bottom)
- Toboggan or winter hat for warmth
- Warm gloves
- Warm fleece or sweatshirt
- 2 one liter plastic water bottles (or 2 liter camel back)
- 1 roll of toilet paper
- 5 days worth of breakfast bars (or whatever you would prefer for breakfast).
- Any snacks you might want.
- 2 or more large heavy duty trash bags (preferably 55 gallon – used to cover pack to keep it dry
- Small Bible (Old and New Testament)
- Other Important Items:
- Pen or pencil
- Hand towel and wash cloth
- Lip balm with sunblock
- Sunscreen with a high block rating
- Small flashlight with extra batteries
- Insect repellent
- Personal medicines (place in a zip lock bag by themselves)
- Pen or pencil